Question Regarding O&O Defrag Methods and Auto Defrag...

Professional / Workstation / Server Edition
Antworten
Marlowe

Question Regarding O&O Defrag Methods and Auto Defrag...

Beitrag von Marlowe » Do 19. Dez 2013, 00:53

Thank you for allowing me to post here!

I use O&O Defrag 16 Professional. It's mostly clear to me except for one area, that being the automatic defragmentation. Here is my question:

In the O&O Defrag 16 documentation for the Complete methods, it clearly states that it is best for the user NOT to mix methods such as Complete, Space and Stealth (the stated result being longer defragmentation times). So, I've found that my work station seems to perform best with Complete/Access (not Name, as suggested).

So, if I defrag my computer with the Complete/Access method, will the automatic defrag not use Stealth and/or Space and essentially mar the work done by the Complete/Access method? If I try Space or Stealth, it seems like Complete/Access takes a while to reorganize the resulting defragmentation.

Thank you for any help!

Martin (O&O)
Re: Question Regarding O&O Defrag Methods and Auto Defrag...

Beitrag von Martin (O&O) » Do 2. Jan 2014, 11:08

Hello Marlowe,

the "best" method depends on the usage of your computer. However, for most cases it will be sufficient just to use the automatic defragmentation option.
Of course you can also use the Complete method - lets say once a week, and leave automatic defragmentation enabled.
The automatic defragmentation will not interfere with your manuall Complete defragmentation.

Martin (O&O)

Antworten