Realtime sync (version 5 trial)

Gesperrt
musicrab

Realtime sync (version 5 trial)

Beitrag von musicrab » Fr 16. Okt 2015, 09:22

Ok, I am trying! Using latest v5 (trial). I have 3 sources (from v4). Manual sync works; realtime sync = nothing happens.
EG source C:\Users\ian\Documents\*
If any one file is added/changed when does realtime sync work? Thanks.

EDIT: question. If I set WHAT = C:\Users\ian\Documents\* will realsync work on all changes to all files+directories under Documents?
OR do I have to list all sub-directories? (I am still trying!)

Martin (O&O)
Re: Realtime sync (version 5 trial)

Beitrag von Martin (O&O) » Mo 19. Okt 2015, 12:18

Hello,

there are no known problems with AutoBackup 5 so far. The synchronisaion covers all files and subdirectories. However you should set C:\Users\ian\Documents\ WIHTOUT the * asterix.

If this doesn't help, please enable the logging in AutoBackup. Click "Settings" and enable the Option "Create log file". If the problem does persist please send us both log files:

If enabled O&O AutoBackup will generate two log files, one in the program path with the name 'ooabag.log'.
C:\Program Files\OO Software\AutoBackup\ooabag.log

and the file ooab.log from this path:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\OO Software\AutoBackup

Send us the logs zipped to support@oo-software.com I will forward this informations to our development department.

Martin (O&O)

musicrab

Beitrag von musicrab » Di 20. Okt 2015, 10:06

Yes, WITHOUT * makes a difference. But I am uninstalling the program for 2 reasons:-
1. it appears that any single file change in a directory results in ALL data being transferred to backup location; I guess this could be mitigated by having many WHAT statements but that is a big effort for the user.
2. "realtime sync"; I don't know what the exact algorithm is but I cannot reliably see data being backed up when it changes.

The search for a reliable (local, NOT cloud-based) realtime sync continues. Quickprotect is my current favourite but it needs lots of "hand-holding". Thanks.

Martin (O&O)

Beitrag von Martin (O&O) » Di 20. Okt 2015, 10:59

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded it to our development department.

Martin (O&O)

Gesperrt