Problems with custom high contrast themes

Antworten
tomasz86

Problems with custom high contrast themes

Beitrag von tomasz86 » Fr 2. Feb 2018, 07:15

First of all, thank you for this wonderful piece of software. I have been using it in every Windows 10 system that I have had a chance to set up, and have been very happy with the results.

I have discovered an issue related to the high contrast themes. It seems that ShutUp 10 relies on the Window colour value to determine whether the theme is High Contrast Black or High Contrast White.

This is how the program looks with the stock High Contrast White theme enabled.

Code: Alles auswählen

[Control Panel\Colors]
Window=255 255 255
Bild

The problem is that it seems that this value is simply hardcoded. Even a slight change makes the UI change as if the theme was High Contrast Black, which ultimately renders the text in the upper menu invisible.

[Control Panel\Colors]
Window=255 255 254
Bild

Would it be possible to simply follow the system theme colours instead of using such hardcoded values? If not, then maybe it would be better to determine whether the theme is white or black using the actual HighContrast values from the [VisualStyles] section.

High Contrast White

[VisualStyles]
HighContrast=4
High Contrast Black

[VisualStyles]
HighContrast=3
The stock values are 1 for High Contrast #1, 2 for High Contrast #2, 3 for High Contrast Black, and 4 for High Contrast White.

Brigitte (O&O)

Re: Problems with custom high contrast themes

Beitrag von Brigitte (O&O) » Fr 2. Feb 2018, 11:51

Hello,

Thank you for your comments, we are always happy about feedback from our users! We will forward it to our development department.
Brigitte (O&O)

Antworten