Feature request: Office 2010 Upgrade nagger shut up

Antworten
GroverMcClurg

Feature request: Office 2010 Upgrade nagger shut up

Beitrag von GroverMcClurg » Do 1. Jul 2021, 11:24

Hi all

O&O Shut-up greatly lowers my blood pressure while using Win 2010 - could I please suggest an additional feature of removing the upgrade-nag banners that now appear on Office 2010?

Office 2010 is now out of support and as a result displays a pink out of support, learn more to upgrade banner whenever components such as Word, Excel or Powerpoint are launched to nag users to shift to the subscription based Office product.

Various attempts have been made to block this banner via changes to registry switches, but Microsoft has defeated these. (It won't update the software to fix bugs, but will update it to make sure the banner appears.)

The last and now not working registry fix to remove the banners was here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mso ... h=1&page=2

This seems exactly the sort of Windows-based annoyance O&O Shutup is designed to suppress - would other folk find it as valuable as I would?

Brigitte (O&O)

Re: Feature request: Office 2010 Upgrade nagger shut up

Beitrag von Brigitte (O&O) » Do 1. Jul 2021, 15:24

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion, although the last one doesn't really have anything to do with Windows 10. If I understand the last posts of the linked thread correctly, it is still possible to set the date when the message is displayed about 5 years forward.
Brigitte (O&O)

GroverMcClurg

Re: Feature request: Office 2010 Upgrade nagger shut up

Beitrag von GroverMcClurg » Fr 2. Jul 2021, 10:47

No, you're right it would expand Shutup beyond 10 to include Office.

The set date reminder setting forward no longer seems to work following an update from Microsoft.

Antworten